Years ago, the blacksmith was an essential person in the community because they made and fit horseshoes. A blacksmith works with metal, heats it up and bends it to whatever shape is needed. This 24 ft. x 24 ft. building was constructed in 2010 and designed to house a Bradley Compact Power Hammer, with Patent Numbers dating back to 1885-1888. It is line shaft driven with the weight of the hammer at 30 pounds. The hammer was converted to electric by Miles Machinery Company in Saginaw and installed in the shop in 2013.